Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Glimpse of our life!

Last weekend Scott, Lilly, and I took a little trip to the memorial site of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. It was a neat experiance, it is sacred ground. I thought I would share some of the pictures that we took.

This is the grave site monument. President Hinckley dedicated it in 1997. The victims were from Arkansas and were traveling the Old Spanish Trail to California. The flowers that are on the ground next to us are acompanied by Arkansas state flags.

This is a memorial site that has the name and ages of all that were killed. There were several that were under the age of 8.


I am hoping that you can make this bigger and read it. It tells a brief story of the Mtn. Meadow Massacre which happened on September 11, 1857


On to a happier note, Lilly is starting to sit up! She is still a little unsteady but she is doing great! We have started feeding her rice cereal about 3 times a week you can't really tell in this picture but she has it all over her face!




We call her our little Yoda!!


She loves this saucer! When we first put her in it she couldn't touch the bottom and she just looked at the toys on it. Now she can stand up and loves grabbing at the toys!


I put Lilly down for a nap and she was grunting and talking to herself for about 10 minutes, I went to check on her and this is what I found when I turned the corner to got to her room!


This is what I found when she feel asleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haley.
That is awesome that you went to the MMM site. I am sure you know that John D. Lee was our great, great, great, grandpa, right?!? Pretty crazy stuff. Lilly is so adorable.
ang

Anonymous said...

I did know that we were related to John D. Lee but I wanted to ask you a little more about how we are related. I remembered you talking about it in Monticello. Did you know that he was the only one punished for the MMM and he was hanged by the gravesite of the MMM?

Anonymous said...

He was married to Cornelia Decker, she was his second wife, she divorced him after they got to SLC....they DID NOT get along. She then went to Dovecreek? I think and then I don't know, we ARE directly related. I will have to ask Grandma again. I do know that he was the only one punished. I did a research paper on him for a college english paper. I don't know if I really like him, but he was very interesting. I recommend reading Juanita Brooks books on him, they are the most accurate and I agree with her opinion. It was a really interesting event. BTW, I have the same fabric from Lily's bumper, we used it for the crib skirt for Carson....
I just read over my comment and realized that I am turning into the realitive that makes the hardcover history books all day. I am my AUNT MAY! Scary.